20 Woodlands Drive
Learn about the important steps to make a decision on the viability of a solar PV project.
The rising costs of electricity supplied by Eskom and Local Municipalities is making renewable energy investments, particularly solar photovoltaic’s increasingly attractive investments. The engineering behind such projects is often costly and complicated leading to reluctance for initial feasibility studies.
WHY IS A SOLAR PV ASSESSMENT IMPORTANT?
By first conducting feasibility study into solar projects, much of the mystery is removed and attractive investments are often found. This course is a hands on practical course that shows how to conduct a feasibility study for these technologies, including how to get an initial cost, energy yield and financial model using modelling software and climate data.
The Terra Firma Solutions Renewable Energy Engineers have created this course based on their international experience and training in solar energy to give participants the knowledge to be able to advise on project feasibility from energy yield and system cost perspectives.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE COURSE
- Understand solar PV systems
- Learn about the current and potential future legislative frameworks
- Understand the complex financial incentives and financing options for renewable energy projects
- Understand solar PV costing
- Learn about renewable energy resources and system modelling using sophisticated software
- Be able to conduct a feasibility study based on costs and energy yields of solar PV power systems
- Help your friends to green their homes