20 Woodlands Drive
The objective of this course is to understand how to measure and verify energy savings achieved through various energy efficiency initiatives.
Participant will be introduced to the fundamentals of measurement and verification (M&V), including the internationally recognised methodologies and protocols which are used by professionals in the energy industry.
The content of this course covers the M&V guidelines for Eskom Integrated Demand Management (IDM) projects, tax incentives and internationally approved frameworks for reporting on energy saving initiatives.
At completion of the course, the participant will have an understanding of the International Performance Measurement & Verification Protocol (IPMVP) and South African National Standards (SANS) 50010:2010, as well as how to correctly create M&V reports.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE COURSE
- Be able to perform complete M&V studies for energy projects
- Be able to create accurate and complete energy baselines for plants and companies
- Understand and work with the applicable M&V standards: SANS 50010:2010 and IPMVP
- Be able to perform energy adjustments on data for M&V purposes
- Be able to compile all the necessary M&V documents and documentation
- Be familiar with South African tax incentives for energy efficiency and the corresponding M&V requirements
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Engineers and project managers who are involved in energy efficiency and renewable energy projects
- Sustainability managers and consultants
- Job searchers looking to enter the growing M&V field
- Metering companies, so as to understand the metering requirements for M&V