19 Owen Ave
Westridge, Berea, 4091
This Energy and Water SETA accredited course is aimed at individuals who want to understand energy efficiency and advise businesses on how to measure and reduce energy consumption immediately.
The course focuses on teaching learners how to systematically assess problematic energy areas within a small to medium business environment and to recommend appropriate solutions (technology & behaviour).
Learners will be able to conduct financial assessments of each solution recommended and will get a strong understanding of how to assess solutions that maximise the customer’s return on investment.
Areas of focus in this course include bill & tariff assessment, power factor & voltage assessment, lighting, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & cooling (HVAC), office and IT equipment, water heating and energy monitoring.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE COURSE
- Gain competency in this field through SETA accredited training
- Gain an understanding of energy management opportunities (EMO’s)
- Get knowledge on individual energy using devices and how they can be made more efficient
- Advise organisations on how to measure and reduce energy consumption
- Understand the entire process of conducting an energy efficiency assessment for a site
- Build the skills to conduct financial assessments of energy efficiency opportunities
- Use your skills immediately to offer services to customers
- Find a job in the growing energy efficiency sector
This course has been accredited by SA Institute of Electrical Engineers as per Engineering Council SA CPD policy, granted with 3 CPD credits under Validation No SAIEE-1106-V.
The SAIEE’s reviewer has noted this to be “a very well presented and valuable course.”