Cape Town, 7490
The rising costs of electricity supply and risks of energy security is making renewable energy attractive, particularly solar photovoltaics (PV) as an alternative, environmentally friendly and reliable energy source.
This course will show you how to conduct a feasibility study for residential and commercial solar PV solutions, including how to get initial costing and energy yields using modelling software and climate data.
The Terra Firma Solutions Renewable Energy Engineers have created this course based on their international experience and training in solar energy to give participants the knowledge to be able to give advice on project feasibility from energy yield to system costs.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE COURSE
- Get trained by a Senior Engineer from Terra Firma Solutions.
- Understand the complex financial incentives and financing options for commercial renewable energy projects.
- Understand residential and commercial solar PV systems and their components.
- Learn about the current and potential future legislative frameworks.
- Understand residential and commercial solar PV costing.
- Learn about renewable energy resources and system modelling using sophisticated software.
- Be able to conduct a feasibility study based on costs and energy yields of solar PV power systems.
- Optimise system size and components based on site requirements.
- The cost of training can be claimed under BBBEE Skills Development spend.
- Complete the course with a case study.