Learn about the important steps to make a decision on the viability of a solar PV project.
The rising costs of electricity supplied by Eskom and Local Municipalities is making renewable energy investments, particularly solar photovoltaic’s increasingly attractive investments. The engineering behind such projects is often costly and complicated leading to reluctance for initial feasibility studies.
WHY IS A SOLAR PV ASSESSMENT IMPORTANT?
By first conducting feasibility study into solar projects, much of the mystery is removed and attractive investments are often found. This course is a hands on practical course that shows how to conduct a feasibility study for these technologies, including how to get an initial cost, energy yield and financial model using modelling software and climate data.
The Terra Firma Solutions Renewable Energy Engineers have created this course based on their international experience and training in solar energy to give participants the knowledge to be able to advise on project feasibility from energy yield and system cost perspectives.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE COURSE
- Understand solar PV systems
- Learn about the current and potential future legislative frameworks
- Understand the complex financial incentives and financing options for renewable energy projects
- Understand solar PV costing
- Learn about renewable energy resources and system modelling using sophisticated software
- Be able to conduct a feasibility study based on costs and energy yields of solar PV power systems
- Help your friends to green their homes
This Energy and Water SETA accredited course is aimed at individuals who want to understand energy efficiency and advise businesses on how to measure and reduce energy consumption immediately.
The course focuses on teaching learners how to systematically assess problematic energy areas within a small to medium business environment and to recommend appropriate solutions (technology & behaviour).
Learners will be able to conduct financial assessments of each solution recommended and will get a strong understanding of how to assess solutions that maximise the customer’s return on investment.
Areas of focus in this course include bill & tariff assessment, power factor & voltage assessment, lighting, heating, ventilation, air conditioning & cooling (HVAC), office and IT equipment, water heating and energy monitoring.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE COURSE
- Gain competency in this field through SETA accredited training
- Gain an understanding of energy management opportunities (EMO’s)
- Get knowledge on individual energy using devices and how they can be made more efficient
- Advise organisations on how to measure and reduce energy consumption
- Understand the entire process of conducting an energy efficiency assessment for a site
- Build the skills to conduct financial assessments of energy efficiency opportunities
- Use your skills immediately to offer services to customers
- Find a job in the growing energy efficiency sector
This course has been accredited by SA Institute of Electrical Engineers as per Engineering Council SA CPD policy, granted with 3 CPD credits under Validation No SAIEE-1106-V.
The SAIEE’s reviewer has noted this to be “a very well presented and valuable course.”